Aims and Objectives:
- To create in the students an awareness of the functioning of the English sound system
- To help them develop the ability to adjust their ways of articulation to suit the sound system of English and overcome the influence of the native language on their English pronunciation
- To make them aware of the differences in pronunciation between different varieties of English
- To provide them with ear training to improve their listening skills for better understanding and production of speech sounds
- To develop in the students a neutral accent which helps them speak English with national and international intelligibility
- To develop in them the ability to perform tasks involving speaking English
The course attempts to offer an understanding of the Modern Age. The course explores the name and nature of Moderism.